Thursday, September 11, 2008

The crises continue

It has been "quite" here these days. Schools has started now. Some of the Nationwithoutanative kids went to school here. Some others could not. So they return back to Iraq. I can see why they went back. They tried to find hope for future in long time here but they couldn't. Especially after they spent their savings. It's not easy to return back when it is still unsafe which means they had more serious crises and hardships.

From time to time I go to visit Iraqi families. I listen to what they have to say. Then leave them without any answer for I don't know what the answer is myself. I can't do anything for them but I still feel it is good to listen to them. It is easier sometimes to talk to the young about hope.

Anything new with me?
I stay here, don't move forward or backward. I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. No chance to study or chance to go back to Iraq. No chance to work or live a safe life. it's very difficult to wait for the unknown for it might be worse than today. Then I would regret the time thinking about tomorrow.

1 comment:

John Reinke said...

Thanks very much for your update on the current status of your life and that of other refugees in Syria.
I think it is wonderful that you are willing to go and listen to the stories of others, even though you can't offer them anything more than this. It is still a balm for them when they have a chance to share their problems with someone who cares.
I greatly appreciate your strength and caring. You are an example to the rest of us. I encourage you not to give up hope!