Thursday, March 6, 2008

Maryam

My name is Maryam Kareem Muhsin. I am 20 years old and a student in the College of Education, Physics Department. I was in my third year in college in 2006, but because of the threats from the militias, my family and I had to leave Iraq and all of my dreams and ambitions of becoming a successful university physics professor behind. Now I am without school or communication with science.

I tried to resume my studies here in Syria, yet it is very expensive to go to private schools. I just can't afford it. Free education in Iraq was such a good system. Everybody was able to get free education. I keep reading physics books, though, so that I keep the knowledge fresh.

I live with my parents and two brothers. I like living here because I don't have to worry about my safety.

My hobbies are reading, decor designing, learning languages and sports.

No comments: