Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ahmed Makkiyah


Ahmed is providing translation for webchats.

After the Iraqi liberation the in 2003, I recall that me and my father we were very optimistic and excited about the future of Iraq from the early days of war believing that Saddam Hussein wasn't a good leader for Iraq.

My views and predictions were contrary to most of my friends views and opinions about this war, I've reached a point to argue about why I believe it's a liberation not an occupation?!.

From 2003 to 2006 a three successful years of college passed with a dream to have a bachelor degree in English literature major aiming to get MA degree after that.

on 14th of November 2006 Unfortunately I lost my dad due to a barbaric assassination killing him at once riddled in the neck with four bullets, the terrorists assassinated him while he was driving to his work ,this tragic incident coincided with my second day of my fourth year in college which is the last , WHAT A SHOCK !!

Until today I see dreams that I have BA degree and all my family are celebrating and when I woke up I found my self colliding with the melancholic reality, I didn't only lost my beloved father I lost every thing including my self mental image, me and my family fled our home next day leaving all the nice memory behind us.

I want to conclude with this statement : ''We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.'' By Martin Luther King

No comments: