Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Laith

My name is Laith Faris. I am 14 years old boy and in 7th grade. I live with my family in Syria. We came here first in 2006. Four months after we arrived, we started to hear the security situation is getting better in Iraq. We decided to go back. Upon our return, crimes started to escalate. When my uncle was killed for no reason and my father was imprisoned for five months nobody knew why and people killed in front of hour house, we knew we weren't going to stay longer. Two days after my father was released, we left again.

Today, I live with my mother, father and little brother in Syria. I and my brother go to school here.

I like soccer and I love to learn swimming. I unfortunately, can't play soccer as I have heart problems; something I didn't know before we had to have a medical check when we entered Syria and it is what the doctor told me. I always like to make new friends too.

What I hope for? I hope for the situation to get better so that we go back to our home and friends.

No comments: